Partner Frank Perretta is a trial attorney with 30 years of experience, specializing in all areas of business litigation and employment law. Frank has successfully tried, arbitrated and resolved hundreds of cases in both state and federal court, achieving consistently excellent results for his clients.
Frank has extensive experience in business litigation matters, including breach of contract, fraud, unfair competition, misappropriation of trade secrets, trademark infringement, director and officer liability, false advertising, conversion, breach of duty of loyalty and partnership disputes. He also regularly defends corporations, employers and business owners in employment disputes involving breach of contract, wrongful termination in violation of public policy, sexual harassment, discrimination based on race, age, national origin, and gender and retaliation.
Frank has litigated a wide variety of real estate matters, including claims pertaining to purchase and sale contracts, rights of first refusal, guarantees, eviction, unlawful detainer, boundary disputes, easement rights, design and construction defects, ground contamination and exposure to hazardous materials, including hydrocarbon, pesticides, mold, bacteria , asbestos and lead paint.
Frank is rated AV® Preeminent™ on Martindale-Hubbell. Frank was selected as a Super Lawyer in the 2004 and 2005 editions of Northern California Super Lawyers and Northern California Super Lawyers and has been named as a top lawyer in the Bay Area by the Bay Area Lawyer Magazine. Frank also holds a “superb” Avvo rating.
- Defense Research Institute
- California State Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Litigator, Labor and Employment Law Sections
- Silicon Valley Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Building Owners and Managers Association
- California Apartment Association
- Successfully defended a bay area general contractor against a multi-million dollar breach of contract, property damage and lost rent claim related to the construction of a large, mixed use development consisting of 400,000 square feet of retail space, 1,000 residential units and a 230 room hotel.
- Successfully defended multi-million dollar breach of contract/property damage claim against a prominent bay area general contractor related to the construction of a 150,000 square foot warehouse.
- Successfully defended a large Los Angeles based chemical manufacturer against a multi-million dollar chemical exposure product defect claim.
- Successfully defended a multi-national chemical company against multi-million dollar claims for personal injury and property damage resulting from chemical exposure.
- Successfully defended a national exposition company against wrongful termination and race discrimination claims.
- Successfully defended an international motorcycle manufacturer against product defect claims resulting in death and paraplegic injuries.
- Successfully defended a large bay area corporation against a multi-million dollar claim for unfair completion, theft of trade secrets, and violations of Business and Professions Code section 17200.
Update to California's Prevailing Wage Laws: AB219 Fixes the Loophole for Ready-Mixed Concrete Drivers, The Registry, August 2016
Retaining Key Employees Post-IPO or M&A, Corporate Counsel, December 2014
Quoted in Law360: How to Use a Sanctions Motion to Win Your Case, November 2014 (subscription required)