University of Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D., Dean’s Honors, 2009
Suzhou Law Institute, International Business Law, China, 2007
University of California, San Diego, B.A., Political Science, 2002
Bellarmine College Preparatory, 1998
State Bar of California
Partner Jeffrey Lisenbee focuses his practice on construction and business law, with an emphasis in construction and commercial litigation and transactions. His clients include national and local property developers, general contractors, property owners, construction managers, property managers and local individuals and businesses. Jeff has an extensive background in evaluating and litigating construction defect cases, delay and payment claims, mechanic’s lien claims, breach of contract claims and a wide range of general business and construction disputes. Jeff also specializes in contract review and preparation of contracts including agreements for commercial and residential construction projects.
As part of his practice, Jeff has made it a focus to work closely with clients on risk management techniques including the development of protocols and best practices to avoid litigation. He also works closely with professional property managers, counseling them through claim prevention and legal issues including landlord/tenant disputes. Additionally, Jeff regularly writes and speaks on various construction topics for clients and various industry publications, and is an active member of the Orange County Bar Association Construction Section and the Legal Advisory Committee for the Associated General Contractors of California.
- Orange County Bar Association, Business and Construction Law Sections
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- California State Bar Association, Business Law and Real Property Sections
- Legal Advisory Committee, Associated General Contractors of California
- Volunteer Attorney, Veterans Legal Institute
- Has assisted California property owners and developers in recovering more than $50 million in construction defect damages.
- Successfully arbitrated and resolved multi-million dollar construction defect case on behalf of national developer.
- Successfully resolved claims against consultant in defect and delay case.
- Negotiated commercial construction contract for commercial developer.
- Drafted contracts for residential homeowners, construction management firm and commercial tenants.