Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D., 2009
Santa Clara University, B.A., cum laude, Communication, 2000
State Bar of California
U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Stephanie Rocha’s litigation practice focuses primarily on cases involving construction, real estate and business disputes, including construction defect and payment claims. Regularly representing developers, builders, prime contractors, public agencies, real estate agents and brokers, homeowners, landlords, tenants and other business entities, she takes the time to truly understand her clients and their business objectives, bringing a unique personal history to her cases. Prior to becoming an attorney, Stephanie enjoyed careers as a human resources and employee relations manager in the high-tech and biotech industries, and as a real estate agent.
In her real estate practice, Stephanie’s experience includes litigation involving purchase and sale contracts, residential and commercial leases, residential non-disclosures, real estate partnerships and foreclosures. With respect to business disputes, she handles cases involving breach of contract, unfair competition, fraud and other business torts, statutory violations and insurance claims. Stephanie is regularly involved with matters in both state and federal court as well as private mediation and arbitration.
Actively involved in the construction industry outside of her practice, Stephanie is a former director and current member of the Santa Clara Chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) and is a Certified Construction Industry Technician through its Education Foundation. She also serves on the Board of Directors of the Builder’s Exchange of Santa Clara County, where she has presented various seminars on construction law topics. In addition, Stephanie teaches a monthly contractors’ licensing class on mechanics’ lien law and labor law through Contractors License Courses.
Stephanie is a member of the Silicon Valley Business Journal’s 2014 “Forty Under 40” class.
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- Vice President, Director, Treasurer, Santa Clara County La Raza Lawyers Association
- National Association of Women in Construction, Santa Clara Chapter
- Board of Directors, Builder’s Exchange of Santa Clara County
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a large public corporation against negligence and implied warranty claims by a second tier subcontractor.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of a large general contractor in a four-year multi-million dollar construction defect action.
- Represented homeowners in a successful court trial involving payment dispute with contractor.
Lecturer, Mechanic’s Lien Law, Contractors License Courses
Lecturer, Labor Law, Contractors License Courses
Prevailing Wage Compliance Monitoring Now Funded by Contractor Fees, California Constructor, Nov./Dec. 2014
- Northern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2016
- Silicon Valley Business Journal, Forty Under 40, 2014