June 2016 by David Kornbluh
Law360, New York (June 21, 2016, 11:59 AM ET) -- This month the California State Assembly approved Assembly Bill 1676, continuing efforts to close the wage gap between men and women. Introduced by Assemblywoman Nora Campos, this bill is essentially a redux of AB 1017 that would have prohibited asking job applicants about their salary histories. The bill passed through both the state House and the Senate last year before being vetoed by Gov. Jerry Brown. read more.
Law360, New York (June 16, 2016, 10:52 AM ET) -- David I. Kornbluh is the managing partner of Miller Morton Caillat & Nevis LLP, a firm founded in 1929 with offices in San Jose and Newport Beach, California. Kornbluh has more than 20 years of business litigation and trial experience with a primary emphasis on employment and business disputes. He regularly represents clients throughout California facing allegations of age, race, gender and disability discrimination; sexual harassment; wrongful termination; wage and hour violations; and unfair business practices. His practice also includes representing clients in business, partnership, landlord-tenant, real estate and Americans with Disabilities Act litigation. read more.
April 2016 by Miller Morton
Law360, New York (April 7, 2016, 2:17 PM ET) -- Peter V. Dessau is a partner at Miller Morton Caillat & Nevis LLP, a firm founded in 1929 with offices in San Jose and Newport Beach, California. Dessau’s more than 26 year practice focuses on construction law, with an emphasis on litigation involving construction claims, defects and other related issues. He represents developers, builders, design professionals and contractors in payment disputes, and defends and prosecutes delay and impact claims against private owners, contractors and public entities throughout California. read more.
Miller Morton Selected for University of California’s Construction Law Panel; Joins Short List of Legal Providers for Statewide System
April 2016 by Miller Morton
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Apr. 5, 2016 – Miller, Morton, Caillat & Nevis, LLP is honored to join the University of California’s (UC) Construction Law Panel. Comprised of a select few preapproved law firms, the exclusive panel is made up of the go to attorneys for the UC system statewide to provide expertise on construction legal matters. read more.
Miller Morton Elects Stephanie Rocha to Partnership; Bolsters Litigation Team With Addition of Three Associates
March 2016 by Miller Morton
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Mar. 15, 2016 – Miller, Morton, Caillat & Nevis, LLP announces that litigation attorney Stephanie M. Rocha has been elevated to partner. Previously an associate at the firm, Rocha is a member of the Construction, Real Estate and Business practice areas. Miller Morton also welcomes three new litigation associates, M. Jonathan Robb, Victoria K. Loomis and Roxana M. Cremene, to its San Jose office. read more.
- Miller Morton a Proud Sponsor of the Housing Industry Foundation's 2017 Fundraising Campaign "Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament"
- Miller Morton Elects Rosanna Moreno and Jeffrey Lisenbee to Partnership
- Why California Teachers Will Celebrate Senate Bill 1413
- Update to California's Prevailing Wage Laws: AB219 Fixes the Loophole for Ready-Mixed Concrete Drivers
- Miller Morton Associate Rosanna Moreno Receives Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Services
- California Pay History Bill Would Hike Wage Discrimination Risk
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's David Kornbluh
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's Peter Dessau
- Miller Morton Selected for University of California’s Construction Law Panel; Joins Short List of Legal Providers for Statewide System
- Miller Morton Elects Stephanie Rocha to Partnership; Bolsters Litigation Team With Addition of Three Associates