Miller Morton Selected for University of California’s Construction Law Panel; Joins Short List of Legal Providers for Statewide System
April 2016 by Miller Morton
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Apr. 5, 2016 – Miller, Morton, Caillat & Nevis, LLP is honored to join the University of California’s (UC) Construction Law Panel. Comprised of a select few preapproved law firms, the exclusive panel is made up of the go to attorneys for the UC system statewide to provide expertise on construction legal matters. read more.
Miller Morton Elects Stephanie Rocha to Partnership; Bolsters Litigation Team With Addition of Three Associates
March 2016 by Miller Morton
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Mar. 15, 2016 – Miller, Morton, Caillat & Nevis, LLP announces that litigation attorney Stephanie M. Rocha has been elevated to partner. Previously an associate at the firm, Rocha is a member of the Construction, Real Estate and Business practice areas. Miller Morton also welcomes three new litigation associates, M. Jonathan Robb, Victoria K. Loomis and Roxana M. Cremene, to its San Jose office. read more.
January 2016 by Miller Morton
On January 1, 2016, the California minimum wage rate increased to $10.00 an hour. This new wage rate also affects the minimum monthly salary for exempt executive, administrative and professional employees, which now must be no less than two times the state minimum wage for full-time employment - $3,466.67 per month. read more.
Miller Morton Obtains Full Dismissal In Unfair Business Practices Suit; Final Judgment Awards Client $2.8 Million On Cross-Complaint
November 2015 by Miller Morton
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Nov. 9, 2015 – Miller, Morton, Caillat & Nevis, LLP obtained final judgment, including judgment on all claims against its clients and damage awards on cross-complaint claims of $2.8 million, in Valentine Capital Asset Management, Inc. v. Concert Global, Inc., et. al (No. 112CV219304). read more.
September 2015 by Miller Morton
David Kornbluh and Stephanie Rocha obtained a favorable jury verdict in Alameda County in favor of their clients in a Breach of a Commercial Lease dispute. read more.
- New CA Law Imposes Direct Liability on Contractors For Wage Claims By Subcontractor's Employees
- Labor and Employment Bills AB 168, 450, and 1008: What Employers Need to Know
- Miller Morton a Proud Sponsor of the Housing Industry Foundation's 2017 Fundraising Campaign "Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament"
- Miller Morton Elects Rosanna Moreno and Jeffrey Lisenbee to Partnership
- Why California Teachers Will Celebrate Senate Bill 1413
- Update to California's Prevailing Wage Laws: AB219 Fixes the Loophole for Ready-Mixed Concrete Drivers
- Miller Morton Associate Rosanna Moreno Receives Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Services
- California Pay History Bill Would Hike Wage Discrimination Risk
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's David Kornbluh
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's Peter Dessau