On May 19, 2015 Justine Kastan, along with Ian Wright of PentaRisk Insurance Specialists, gave a presentation to the Hispanic satellite of the Silicon Valley Small Business Development Center on construction bonding and insurance. The class provided an overview of various types of construction bonds, including license bonds, bid bonds, and performance and payment bonds, discussing when they are required, the functions they serve, their cost and how to get them, and typical disputes involving the bonds. The class also provided an overview of basic insurance coverage required for construction projects, including discussion of underwriting, CGL policies, builder’s risk, and wrap-up policies, the functions these serve, and common related legal issues. For more information on the organization, please visit their website.
- New CA Law Imposes Direct Liability on Contractors For Wage Claims By Subcontractor's Employees
- Labor and Employment Bills AB 168, 450, and 1008: What Employers Need to Know
- Miller Morton a Proud Sponsor of the Housing Industry Foundation's 2017 Fundraising Campaign "Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament"
- Miller Morton Elects Rosanna Moreno and Jeffrey Lisenbee to Partnership
- Why California Teachers Will Celebrate Senate Bill 1413
- Update to California's Prevailing Wage Laws: AB219 Fixes the Loophole for Ready-Mixed Concrete Drivers
- Miller Morton Associate Rosanna Moreno Receives Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Services
- California Pay History Bill Would Hike Wage Discrimination Risk
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's David Kornbluh
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's Peter Dessau