On May 19, 2015 Justine Kastan, along with Ian Wright of PentaRisk Insurance Specialists, gave a presentation to the Hispanic satellite of the Silicon Valley Small Business Development Center on construction bonding and insurance. The class provided an overview of various types of construction bonds, including license bonds, bid bonds, and performance and payment bonds, discussing when they are required, the functions they serve, their cost and how to get them, and typical disputes involving the bonds. The class also provided an overview of basic insurance coverage required for construction projects, including discussion of underwriting, CGL policies, builder’s risk, and wrap-up policies, the functions these serve, and common related legal issues. For more information on the organization, please visit their website.
- Recent Changes to the Americans with Disabilities Act: Congress Takes Aim at Litigation Reform
- Recharacterizing State Tax Payments as Charitable Contributions
- Assembly Bill 1278 Prevents "Dead Beat" Contractors from Starting New Companies
- New California Law Affords Brokers Greater Flexibility in Managing Client Trust Accounts
- 2018 American Arbitration Association Construction Conference
- New Tax Law Expands Use of 529 Plans for Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Choosing Between an S-Corp and LLC?
- New CA Law Imposes Direct Liability on Contractors For Wage Claims By Subcontractor's Employees
- Labor and Employment Bills AB 168, 450, and 1008: What Employers Need to Know
- Miller Morton a Proud Sponsor of the Housing Industry Foundation's 2017 Fundraising Campaign "Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament"