NEWPORT BEACH/SAN JOSE, Calif. – June 9, 2014 – Rosanna E. Moreno, a construction attorney at Miller, Morton, Caillat & Nevis, LLP, has been appointed a regional associate for the Western division of the Women’s Construction Litigation Alliance (WCLA). She will serve a two-year term.
WCLA is a national non-profit dedicated to the support and encouragement of women in construction litigation. The organization holds a number of national, regional and local educational and networking events throughout the year, while providing important industry news and updates through its publications. WCLA regional chairs and associates are responsible for executing such events in their region, as well as promoting WCLA membership.
Advising clients from the firm’s Newport Beach and San Jose offices, Moreno’s construction practice places particular emphasis on civil litigation. Her experience includes representing property owners, general contractors and subcontractors in construction defect litigation, as well as cases involving mechanic’s liens, unsecured payment claims, change orders, delays, breaches of contract and other construction claims.
In addition to Moreno’s involvement with WCLA, she is currently a volunteer attorney with the Orange County Public Law Center’s “Operations Veterans Re-Entry” program. Her professional affiliations also include Los Angeles, Orange County and Santa Clara County Bar Associations, California Women Lawyers, Orange County Women Lawyers Association and Orange County Hispanic Bar Association. Moreno earned her J.D. from Santa Clara University School of Law (2008) and her B.A. from University of California Los Angeles (2002).
- Miller Morton Elects Rosanna Moreno and Jeffrey Lisenbee to Partnership
- Why California Teachers Will Celebrate Senate Bill 1413
- Update to California's Prevailing Wage Laws: AB219 Fixes the Loophole for Ready-Mixed Concrete Drivers
- Miller Morton Associate Rosanna Moreno Receives Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Services
- California Pay History Bill Would Hike Wage Discrimination Risk
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's David Kornbluh
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's Peter Dessau
- Miller Morton Selected for University of California’s Construction Law Panel; Joins Short List of Legal Providers for Statewide System
- Miller Morton Elects Stephanie Rocha to Partnership; Bolsters Litigation Team With Addition of Three Associates
- 2016 Brings New California Laws on Minimum Wages, Individual Liability and Paid Sick Leave