NEWPORT BEACH/SAN JOSE, Calif. – June 9, 2014 – Rosanna E. Moreno, a construction attorney at Miller, Morton, Caillat & Nevis, LLP, has been appointed a regional associate for the Western division of the Women’s Construction Litigation Alliance (WCLA). She will serve a two-year term.
WCLA is a national non-profit dedicated to the support and encouragement of women in construction litigation. The organization holds a number of national, regional and local educational and networking events throughout the year, while providing important industry news and updates through its publications. WCLA regional chairs and associates are responsible for executing such events in their region, as well as promoting WCLA membership.
Advising clients from the firm’s Newport Beach and San Jose offices, Moreno’s construction practice places particular emphasis on civil litigation. Her experience includes representing property owners, general contractors and subcontractors in construction defect litigation, as well as cases involving mechanic’s liens, unsecured payment claims, change orders, delays, breaches of contract and other construction claims.
In addition to Moreno’s involvement with WCLA, she is currently a volunteer attorney with the Orange County Public Law Center’s “Operations Veterans Re-Entry” program. Her professional affiliations also include Los Angeles, Orange County and Santa Clara County Bar Associations, California Women Lawyers, Orange County Women Lawyers Association and Orange County Hispanic Bar Association. Moreno earned her J.D. from Santa Clara University School of Law (2008) and her B.A. from University of California Los Angeles (2002).
- Recent Changes to the Americans with Disabilities Act: Congress Takes Aim at Litigation Reform
- Recharacterizing State Tax Payments as Charitable Contributions
- Assembly Bill 1278 Prevents "Dead Beat" Contractors from Starting New Companies
- New California Law Affords Brokers Greater Flexibility in Managing Client Trust Accounts
- 2018 American Arbitration Association Construction Conference
- New Tax Law Expands Use of 529 Plans for Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Choosing Between an S-Corp and LLC?
- New CA Law Imposes Direct Liability on Contractors For Wage Claims By Subcontractor's Employees
- Labor and Employment Bills AB 168, 450, and 1008: What Employers Need to Know
- Miller Morton a Proud Sponsor of the Housing Industry Foundation's 2017 Fundraising Campaign "Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament"