SAN JOSE, Calif. – July 6, 2015 – Miller, Morton, Caillat & Nevis, LLP adds litigation attorney Reid Shannon as an associate to its Construction; Real Estate; Business and Labor & Employment practice areas. Mr. Shannon was previously an associate at Ichter Kresky & Associates, LLC in Atlanta, Georgia. His addition follows that of Roger Liu, who joined the firm’s Construction practice earlier this year.
Mr. Shannon’s commercial litigation practice focuses on representing clients in contract, business tort and construction matters in state and federal courts and in private arbitrations. In addition to his previous law firm experience, he has served as a judicial intern for Judge Charlene P. Kiesselbach in the Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco, Civil Division, and Judge Carlos T. Bea in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Mr. Shannon is a member of the State Bars of California and Georgia.
Mr. Shannon earned his J.D. from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif (2010) and his B.A. from the University of California, Berkeley (2007).
- Recent Changes to the Americans with Disabilities Act: Congress Takes Aim at Litigation Reform
- Recharacterizing State Tax Payments as Charitable Contributions
- Assembly Bill 1278 Prevents "Dead Beat" Contractors from Starting New Companies
- New California Law Affords Brokers Greater Flexibility in Managing Client Trust Accounts
- 2018 American Arbitration Association Construction Conference
- New Tax Law Expands Use of 529 Plans for Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Choosing Between an S-Corp and LLC?
- New CA Law Imposes Direct Liability on Contractors For Wage Claims By Subcontractor's Employees
- Labor and Employment Bills AB 168, 450, and 1008: What Employers Need to Know
- Miller Morton a Proud Sponsor of the Housing Industry Foundation's 2017 Fundraising Campaign "Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament"