SAN JOSE, Calif. – Apr. 5, 2016 – Miller, Morton, Caillat & Nevis, LLP is honored to join the University of California’s (UC) Construction Law Panel. Comprised of a select few preapproved law firms, the exclusive panel is made up of the go to attorneys for the UC system statewide to provide expertise on construction legal matters.
The purpose of the UC Construction Law Panel is to secure high-quality, cost-effective legal services from experienced law firms and attorneys for construction related claims, legal actions and other transactions. To be considered for inclusion on the approved list, firms must go through a rigorous application and interview process examining its expertise and experience in construction matters in California, commitment to diversity, efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
“We truly value the University of California as a client and are thrilled to formalize our partnership with the UC system and its general counsel,” said Relationship Partner Stephanie Rocha. “By being included on this highly regarded panel, our attorneys are being recognized for their deep knowledge and dedication to the construction industry. We look forward to a continued successful relationship with the UC for years to come.”
Miller Morton’s Construction Practice dates back to the firm’s founding in 1929. Working on both litigation and transactional matters, the firm represents general contractors, developers and real property owners in a wide range of services, including negotiation of all forms of construction agreements, advising clients on risk management and pre-claim resolution, and formal litigation of construction defect, payment, mechanics’ lien remedies, delay and impact claims. The firm has been recognized as a Tier 1 California construction firm in U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Law Firms” rankings. Additionally, construction partners have received AV Preeminent™ ratings from Martindale-Hubbell, been recognized as Northern California Super Lawyers in the field of construction law and serve on the American Arbitration Association’s distinguished list of construction arbitrators. Attorneys also serve as active members of several state and regional trade organizations, including in board and committee leadership positions.
- Miller Morton a Proud Sponsor of the Housing Industry Foundation's 2017 Fundraising Campaign "Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament"
- Miller Morton Elects Rosanna Moreno and Jeffrey Lisenbee to Partnership
- Why California Teachers Will Celebrate Senate Bill 1413
- Update to California's Prevailing Wage Laws: AB219 Fixes the Loophole for Ready-Mixed Concrete Drivers
- Miller Morton Associate Rosanna Moreno Receives Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Services
- California Pay History Bill Would Hike Wage Discrimination Risk
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's David Kornbluh
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's Peter Dessau
- Miller Morton Selected for University of California’s Construction Law Panel; Joins Short List of Legal Providers for Statewide System
- Miller Morton Elects Stephanie Rocha to Partnership; Bolsters Litigation Team With Addition of Three Associates