Real Estate and Business Partner Peter Kline recently contributed his insights to the Law360 article, “4 Tips For Advising Tech Companies on Real Estate Deals.” Published on August 18, the article notes the proliferation of buying and leasing activity by tech giants like Facebook, Apple and Google over the past few years and explores how working on deals for these companies can be different than those a real estate attorney might be used to.
Under the heading, “The Need for Expansion Drives Many Details,” Peter explains, "They (technology companies) seem to want specialized improvements that are beyond what we normally see. Beer gardens. Game rooms. Things like that. Some of them are specialized and need to be removed. They’re very inflexible in changing the forms of leases they’ve used in the past."
To read the article in its entirety, click here. (subscription required)
- New CA Law Imposes Direct Liability on Contractors For Wage Claims By Subcontractor's Employees
- Labor and Employment Bills AB 168, 450, and 1008: What Employers Need to Know
- Miller Morton a Proud Sponsor of the Housing Industry Foundation's 2017 Fundraising Campaign "Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament"
- Miller Morton Elects Rosanna Moreno and Jeffrey Lisenbee to Partnership
- Why California Teachers Will Celebrate Senate Bill 1413
- Update to California's Prevailing Wage Laws: AB219 Fixes the Loophole for Ready-Mixed Concrete Drivers
- Miller Morton Associate Rosanna Moreno Receives Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Services
- California Pay History Bill Would Hike Wage Discrimination Risk
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's David Kornbluh
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's Peter Dessau