Real Estate and Business Partner Peter Kline recently contributed his insights to the Law360 article, “4 Tips For Advising Tech Companies on Real Estate Deals.” Published on August 18, the article notes the proliferation of buying and leasing activity by tech giants like Facebook, Apple and Google over the past few years and explores how working on deals for these companies can be different than those a real estate attorney might be used to.
Under the heading, “The Need for Expansion Drives Many Details,” Peter explains, "They (technology companies) seem to want specialized improvements that are beyond what we normally see. Beer gardens. Game rooms. Things like that. Some of them are specialized and need to be removed. They’re very inflexible in changing the forms of leases they’ve used in the past."
To read the article in its entirety, click here. (subscription required)
- Miller Morton Elects Rosanna Moreno and Jeffrey Lisenbee to Partnership
- Why California Teachers Will Celebrate Senate Bill 1413
- Update to California's Prevailing Wage Laws: AB219 Fixes the Loophole for Ready-Mixed Concrete Drivers
- Miller Morton Associate Rosanna Moreno Receives Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Services
- California Pay History Bill Would Hike Wage Discrimination Risk
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's David Kornbluh
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's Peter Dessau
- Miller Morton Selected for University of California’s Construction Law Panel; Joins Short List of Legal Providers for Statewide System
- Miller Morton Elects Stephanie Rocha to Partnership; Bolsters Litigation Team With Addition of Three Associates
- 2016 Brings New California Laws on Minimum Wages, Individual Liability and Paid Sick Leave