Rosanna Moreno’s broad construction litigation practice includes representing general contractors, subcontractors, property owners, developers, real estate investors and other entities and individuals in a wide variety of construction disputes. She is experienced in handling cases involving construction defect claims, mechanic’s liens, unsecured payment claims, change orders, delays and breaches of contract. Rosanna is admitted to practice before California state courts, as well as the United States District Court for the Northern and Central Districts of California.
Representing clients throughout California out of the firm’s Southern California office, Rosanna is actively involved in several industry and community organizations. She serves as the regional associate for the western region of the Women’s Construction Litigation Alliance. Passionate about veterans’ issues, Rosanna is a volunteer attorney for the Operation Veterans Re-Entry Program at the Orange County Public Law Center, serves as vice-chair of the Legal/Re-Entry Working Group of the Orange County Veterans and Military Families Collaborative and is a board member of the Veterans Legal Institute. View complete bio.
Law360, New York (September 19, 2016, 11:57 AM EDT) – This past August, state legislators passed Senate Bill 1413, authorizing school districts to establish programs aimed at helping teachers and school district employees secure affordable housing. Authored by state Senator Mark Leno, whose district includes San Francisco, the purpose of SB 1413, known as the “Teacher Housing Act of 2016,” is to “facilitate the acquisition, construction, rehabilitation, and preservation of affordable rental housing for teachers and school district employees to allow teachers or school district employees to access and maintain housing stability.” SB 1413 does so by permitting school districts to build rental housing on district-owned property and restricting occupancy in these projects to teachers and school district employees. The bill, supported by teachers’ organizations, the California Apartment Association, and the Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California, easily passed both the state Senate and Assembly and is now with Governor Jerry Brown for approval. read more.
Construction Attorney Rosanna Moreno honored with Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for pro bono service. read more.
Rosanna Moreno Appointed to Board of Veterans Legal Institute; Sworn in at Fundraiser Honoring Justice Eileen Moore
March 2015 by Rosanna Moreno
On March 12, 2015, the Veterans Legal Institute (VLI) honored Vietnam War Veteran Justice Eileen Moore at its inaugural fundraising gala, “Operation Justice.” read more.
Greg and Rosanna contributed an article on the recent Beacon Residential Community Association v. Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP case, read more.
Miller Morton Attorney Rosanna Moreno Elected to Leadership of Women’s Construction Litigation Alliance
June 2014 by Rosanna Moreno
NEWPORT BEACH/SAN JOSE, Calif. – June 9, 2014 – Rosanna E. Moreno, a construction attorney at Miller, Morton, Caillat & Nevis, LLP, has been appointed a regional associate for the Western division of the Women’s read more.
- Miller Morton a Proud Sponsor of the Housing Industry Foundation's 2017 Fundraising Campaign "Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament"
- Miller Morton Elects Rosanna Moreno and Jeffrey Lisenbee to Partnership
- Why California Teachers Will Celebrate Senate Bill 1413
- Update to California's Prevailing Wage Laws: AB219 Fixes the Loophole for Ready-Mixed Concrete Drivers
- Miller Morton Associate Rosanna Moreno Receives Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Services
- California Pay History Bill Would Hike Wage Discrimination Risk
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's David Kornbluh
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's Peter Dessau
- Miller Morton Selected for University of California’s Construction Law Panel; Joins Short List of Legal Providers for Statewide System
- Miller Morton Elects Stephanie Rocha to Partnership; Bolsters Litigation Team With Addition of Three Associates