SAN JOSE, Calif. – June 2, 2015 - Construction and Real Estate Partner Gregory (“Greg”) J. Korbel has been appointed to the Board of Directors of Christmas in the Park, San Jose, Calif.’s annual holiday celebration.
“Christmas in the Park embodies community to me,” said Korbel. “I have fond memories of attending the event since I was a child, and look forward to contributing to the continuation of this tradition for our clients, my family and friends, and the greater community. “
Dating back to the 1950s, Christmas in the Park takes place every holiday season in downtown San Jose at the Plaza de Cesar Chavez. The event is free to the public and includes holiday exhibits and displays, nightly entertainment and refreshments, as well as a 60-foot Community Giving Tree. Every year, Christmas in the Park teams up with the United States Marine Corps Reserves and the Santa Clara County Toys for Tots Committee to collect toys and distribute them to children in need. The organization also partners with Habitat for Humanity and the Humane Society. Seeing 500,000 visitors each holiday season, Christmas in the Park is put on entirely by the nonprofit organization’s staff, Board of Directors and community volunteers.
“Every year Christmas in the Park brings together so many diverse people to celebrate tradition, community and giving back,” said Jason Minsky, executive director of Christmas in the Park. “We truly couldn’t make this wonderful event happen without our incredible volunteers, and we thank Greg and Miller Morton for their support and dedication.”
Korbel’s practice focuses on all aspects of construction, development and real estate, representing investors, property owners, developers, contractors, design professionals, engineers and public agencies. He has extensive experience advising clients in large scale construction, delay and impact claims, design and construction defect litigation, payment disputes, stop notice actions, mechanic’s lien claims and real estate acquisitions, as well as front-end contract negotiation and counseling. Korbel is particularly effective at balancing his role as a zealous litigator with his role as counselor and advisor to promote his clients’ best interests.
In addition to his involvement with Christmas in the Park, Korbel serves on the Board of Directors of the Neighborhood Housing Services of Silicon Valley and is a member of the American Bar Association’s Forum on the Construction Industry, State Bar of California, Santa Clara County Bar Association and Bar Association of San Francisco. He earned his J.D. from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law (2002) and his B.A. from Arizona State University (1998).
- 2018 American Arbitration Association Construction Conference
- New CA Law Imposes Direct Liability on Contractors For Wage Claims By Subcontractor's Employees
- Labor and Employment Bills AB 168, 450, and 1008: What Employers Need to Know
- Miller Morton a Proud Sponsor of the Housing Industry Foundation's 2017 Fundraising Campaign "Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament"
- Miller Morton Elects Rosanna Moreno and Jeffrey Lisenbee to Partnership
- Why California Teachers Will Celebrate Senate Bill 1413
- Update to California's Prevailing Wage Laws: AB219 Fixes the Loophole for Ready-Mixed Concrete Drivers
- Miller Morton Associate Rosanna Moreno Receives Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Services
- California Pay History Bill Would Hike Wage Discrimination Risk
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's David Kornbluh