Partner Greg Korbel has extensive experience representing clients throughout California in a wide range of matters related to construction, development and real estate. In both litigation and advisory capacities, he works with investors, property owners, developers, contractors, design professionals, engineers and public agencies. He is valued for his effective balance as an aggressive and zealous representative with his role as a counselor and advisor. Greg protects and promotes his clients’ interests, as well as builds comprehensive and effective strategies to maximize returns while minimizing risks.
Greg’s experience includes large-scale construction, delay and impact claims, design and construction defect litigation, payment disputes, stop notice actions, mechanic’s lien claims, as well as front-end contract negotiation. On the real estate front, he represents developers, commercial owners and home owners in the acquisition of properties, securing approvals and entitlements, as well as any related litigation.
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry
- California State Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Board of Directors, Christmas in the Park
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of the owner of a low-income apartment complex in an action against a general contractor and subcontractors for widespread construction defects.
- Member of trial team representing subcontractor seeking payments wrongfully withheld by general contractor. The jury ultimately awarded all withheld payments and imposed statutory penalties against the general contractor for withholding the funds in bad faith.
- Represented a public entity in connection with the construction of a complex high-rise laboratory building in which the contactor sought over $25,000,000 in delay and impact damages based on alleged design deficiencies.
- Secured settlement as lead counsel representing local public agency in claims against contractor and performance bond surety arising from incomplete and deficient construction.
- Served as attorney for numerous property owners in construction litigation involving defects, payment disputes, and construction delay issues throughout California.
- Negotiated complex development and construction agreements on behalf of owners, developers and contactors.
- Advised and counseled owners, developers and contractors in developing contracting practices and statutory compliance measures in order to balance return on investment with risk mitigation.
Why California Teachers Will Celebrate Senate Bill 1413, Law360, September 2016
Prevailing Wage Compliance Monitoring Now Funded by Contractor Fees, California Constructor, Nov./Dec. 2014
Recent Ruling to Transform Architects’ Liability Cases, The Registry, August 2014