SAN JOSE, Calif. – Feb. 26, 2014 – Miller, Morton, Caillat & Nevis, LLP announces that real estate and construction partner Gregory J. Korbel has been appointed to the Board of Directors of the Neighborhood Housing Services of Silicon Valley (NHSSV). Korbel will serve a two-year term beginning immediately.
Established in 1995, NHSSV is a full-service housing provider specializing in working with first-time home buyers through all aspects of home purchase and sustainable ownership. The organization’s mission is to promote community revitalization and economic stability by providing responsible homeownership services to low and moderate income families. Since opening its doors NHSSV has educated and counseled over 7,500 prospective homebuyers and in the last three years has prevented over 600 homes from foreclosure.
“I am honored and excited to be part of an organization that allows me to give back to my community in an area I am knowledgeable and passionate about, real estate and construction,” said Korbel. “Miller Morton is very supportive of attorney involvement in organizations serving Santa Clara County, as this is where our attorneys and clients live and work and we are committed to making it the best it can be.”
Korbel’s practice focuses on all aspects of real estate, development and construction, representing investors, property owners, developers, contractors and design professionals. He has extensive experience advising clients in large scale construction, delay and impact claims, design and construction defect litigation, payment disputes, stop notice actions, mechanic’s lien claims, as well as front-end contract negotiation and counseling. Korbel is particularly effective at balancing his role as a zealous litigator with his role as counselor and advisor to promote his clients’ best interests.
In addition to his involvement with NHSSV, Korbel is a member of the American Bar Association, State Bar of California, Santa Clara County Bar Association and San Francisco Bar Association, where he served as a past construction section chair. He earned his J.D. from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law (2002) and his B.A. from Arizona State University (1998).
- Miller Morton Elects Rosanna Moreno and Jeffrey Lisenbee to Partnership
- Why California Teachers Will Celebrate Senate Bill 1413
- Update to California's Prevailing Wage Laws: AB219 Fixes the Loophole for Ready-Mixed Concrete Drivers
- Miller Morton Associate Rosanna Moreno Receives Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Services
- California Pay History Bill Would Hike Wage Discrimination Risk
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's David Kornbluh
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's Peter Dessau
- Miller Morton Selected for University of California’s Construction Law Panel; Joins Short List of Legal Providers for Statewide System
- Miller Morton Elects Stephanie Rocha to Partnership; Bolsters Litigation Team With Addition of Three Associates
- 2016 Brings New California Laws on Minimum Wages, Individual Liability and Paid Sick Leave