NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. – July 2016 – Miller, Morton, Caillat & Nevis, LLP is pleased to announce that litigation attorney Rosanna Moreno has been nominated by the Public Law Center (PLC) to receive the State Bar of California’s Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services for her continued pro bono efforts on behalf of Orange County’s low-income residents in need. Moreno is a volunteer attorney with the Orange County PLC’s “Operation Veterans Re-Entry” program.
Issued by the State Bar of California to those with 50 or more hours of pro bono service, the award is named in honor of Wiley W. Manuel, an associate justice of the Supreme Court of California from 1977-1981. Judge Manuel was the first African American to serve on the state’s high court.
“Miller Morton is proud of Rosanna’s commitment to the community. Passion and dedication have always been hallmarks of her stewardship, which goes beyond the office and our clients. We are delighted that Rosanna’s efforts have been fittingly recognized,” said Managing Partner David Kornbluh.
Advising clients from the firm’s Newport Beach and San Jose offices, Moreno’s construction practice places particular emphasis on civil litigation. Her experience includes defending general contractors and subcontractors in construction defect litigation, as well as representation of property owners, developers and other entities and individuals in cases involving mechanics’ liens, unsecured payment claims, change orders, delays, breach of contract and other construction defect related claims.
In addition to Moreno’s involvement with PLC, she is a Department of Veterans Affairs accredited attorney, serves as vice-chair of the Legal/Re-Entry Working Group of the Orange County Veterans and Military Families Collaborative and is a board member of the Veterans Legal Institute. Her professional affiliations also include Los Angeles, Orange County and Santa Clara County Bar Associations, California Women Lawyers, Orange County Women Lawyers Association and the Orange County Hispanic Bar Association. Moreno earned her J.D. from Santa Clara University School of Law (2008) and her B.A. from University of California Los Angeles (2002).
- 2018 American Arbitration Association Construction Conference
- New CA Law Imposes Direct Liability on Contractors For Wage Claims By Subcontractor's Employees
- Labor and Employment Bills AB 168, 450, and 1008: What Employers Need to Know
- Miller Morton a Proud Sponsor of the Housing Industry Foundation's 2017 Fundraising Campaign "Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament"
- Miller Morton Elects Rosanna Moreno and Jeffrey Lisenbee to Partnership
- Why California Teachers Will Celebrate Senate Bill 1413
- Update to California's Prevailing Wage Laws: AB219 Fixes the Loophole for Ready-Mixed Concrete Drivers
- Miller Morton Associate Rosanna Moreno Receives Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Services
- California Pay History Bill Would Hike Wage Discrimination Risk
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's David Kornbluh