Partner Peter Kline Quoted on Law360
Real Estate and Business Partner Peter Kline recently contributed his insights to the Law360 article, “4 Tips For Advising Tech Companies on Real Estate Deals.” Published on August 18, the article notes the proliferation of buying and leasing activity by tech giants like Facebook, Apple and Google over the past few years and explores how working on deals for these companies can be different than those a real estate attorney might be used to.
Under the heading, “The Need for Expansion Drives Many Details,” Peter explains, "They (technology companies) seem to want specialized improvements that are beyond what we normally see. Beer gardens. Game rooms. Things like that. Some of them are specialized and need to be removed. They’re very inflexible in changing the forms of leases they’ve used in the past."
To read the article in its entirety, click here. (subscription required)
- Recent Changes to the Americans with Disabilities Act: Congress Takes Aim at Litigation Reform
- Recharacterizing State Tax Payments as Charitable Contributions
- Assembly Bill 1278 Prevents "Dead Beat" Contractors from Starting New Companies
- New California Law Affords Brokers Greater Flexibility in Managing Client Trust Accounts
- 2018 American Arbitration Association Construction Conference
- New Tax Law Expands Use of 529 Plans for Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Choosing Between an S-Corp and LLC?
- New CA Law Imposes Direct Liability on Contractors For Wage Claims By Subcontractor's Employees
- Labor and Employment Bills AB 168, 450, and 1008: What Employers Need to Know
- Miller Morton a Proud Sponsor of the Housing Industry Foundation's 2017 Fundraising Campaign "Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament"