Partner Bill Hurley has more than 30 years of construction law experience. With a background in litigation, his practice has evolved to a transactional-oriented practice with an emphasis in representing real estate developers and general contractors in all facets of construction. Focusing on the preparation and negotiation of prime contracts, design-build contracts, design professional contracts, joint venture agreements, subcontracts, purchase orders and other agreements for commercial and residential construction projects, a significant component of Bill’s practice involves advising both real estate developers and general contractors with regard to the myriad of issues that arise on a daily basis on construction projects and offering practical, common sense solutions based on his decades of experience addressing complex construction issues.
In addition to practicing in state courts throughout California, Bill is versed in handling private mediations, as well as arbitrations before various ADR providers, including the American Arbitration Association and JAMS. View complete bio.
Bill and Corey contributed their insights on Assembly Bill 1336, which extends the period for enforcement of prevailing wage statutes in regard to public works. read more.
- Recent Changes to the Americans with Disabilities Act: Congress Takes Aim at Litigation Reform
- Recharacterizing State Tax Payments as Charitable Contributions
- Assembly Bill 1278 Prevents "Dead Beat" Contractors from Starting New Companies
- New California Law Affords Brokers Greater Flexibility in Managing Client Trust Accounts
- 2018 American Arbitration Association Construction Conference
- New Tax Law Expands Use of 529 Plans for Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Choosing Between an S-Corp and LLC?
- New CA Law Imposes Direct Liability on Contractors For Wage Claims By Subcontractor's Employees
- Labor and Employment Bills AB 168, 450, and 1008: What Employers Need to Know
- Miller Morton a Proud Sponsor of the Housing Industry Foundation's 2017 Fundraising Campaign "Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament"