Roger Liu is an experienced construction attorney, representing clients in both transactional and litigation matters. Regularly advising clients out of the firm’s San Jose and Newport Beach offices, he handles all phases of private and public works of improvement, routinely counseling owners and contractors on a vast spectrum of issues including contract review and negotiations, public contracting, bidding and requests for proposals, bid protests and project documentation.
A seasoned litigator, Roger also represents owners, developers, builders and contractors in a wide variety of construction disputes. His experience includes payment disputes; contract and administrative claims, including scope of work changes, impact and delay assessments; mechanic's lien, stop payment notices and bond claims; construction defect and design errors and omissions claims; and insurance coverage matters. As a former prosecutor, he utilizes his significant trial background to aggressively and efficiently advocate for his clients with a results-oriented focus. View complete bio.
April 2015 by Roger Liu
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Apr. 30, 2015 – Miller, Morton, Caillat & Nevis, LLP adds construction attorney Roger Liu as of counsel to its San Jose and Newport Beach offices. read more.
- Recent Changes to the Americans with Disabilities Act: Congress Takes Aim at Litigation Reform
- Recharacterizing State Tax Payments as Charitable Contributions
- Assembly Bill 1278 Prevents "Dead Beat" Contractors from Starting New Companies
- New California Law Affords Brokers Greater Flexibility in Managing Client Trust Accounts
- 2018 American Arbitration Association Construction Conference
- New Tax Law Expands Use of 529 Plans for Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Choosing Between an S-Corp and LLC?
- New CA Law Imposes Direct Liability on Contractors For Wage Claims By Subcontractor's Employees
- Labor and Employment Bills AB 168, 450, and 1008: What Employers Need to Know
- Miller Morton a Proud Sponsor of the Housing Industry Foundation's 2017 Fundraising Campaign "Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament"