February 2018 by Peter Dessau
Lawyer Ethics: What Clients Need and Want in Construction Arbitration Construction arbitration is fundamentally different from litigation because it is a choice-based process supervised by expert decision makers in a private setting. read more.
Miller Morton a Proud Sponsor of the Housing Industry Foundation's 2017 Fundraising Campaign "Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament"
April 2017 by Miller Morton
San Mateo, CA (April 10, 2017) – Housing Industry Foundation (HIF) Executive Director Robert Freiri announced today that HIF is hosting its inaugural fundraising event, Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament, to help individuals and families remain in or return to stable housing in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties. read more.
Miller Morton Obtains Full Dismissal In Unfair Business Practices Suit; Final Judgment Awards Client $2.8 Million On Cross-Complaint
November 2015 by Miller Morton
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Nov. 9, 2015 – Miller, Morton, Caillat & Nevis, LLP obtained final judgment, including judgment on all claims against its clients and damage awards on cross-complaint claims of $2.8 million, in Valentine Capital Asset Management, Inc. v. Concert Global, Inc., et. al (No. 112CV219304). read more.
June 2015 by Greg Korbel
June 2, 2015 - Construction and Real Estate Partner Gregory (“Greg”) J. Korbel has been appointed to the Board of Directors of Christmas in the Park, San Jose, Calif.’s annual holiday celebration. read more.
May 2015 by Justine Kastan
May 19, 2015 - Associate Justine Kastan presented to the Hispanic satellite of the Silicon Valley Small Business Development Center on construction bonding and insurance. read more.
Rosanna Moreno Appointed to Board of Veterans Legal Institute; Sworn in at Fundraiser Honoring Justice Eileen Moore
March 2015 by Rosanna Fristed
On March 12, 2015, the Veterans Legal Institute (VLI) honored Vietnam War Veteran Justice Eileen Moore at its inaugural fundraising gala, “Operation Justice.” read more.
January 2015 by Stephanie Rocha
On January 28, Stephanie presented on the topic of Mechanics’ Lien laws to the Santa Clara Chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC). read more.
January 2015 by Miller Morton
On January 13, 2015 Miller Morton sponsored a USGBC – Northern California event focusing on Building Envelope Commissioning, or BECx. Speakers described BECx relative to new Title 24 requirements and read more.
- Recent Changes to the Americans with Disabilities Act: Congress Takes Aim at Litigation Reform
- Recharacterizing State Tax Payments as Charitable Contributions
- Assembly Bill 1278 Prevents "Dead Beat" Contractors from Starting New Companies
- New California Law Affords Brokers Greater Flexibility in Managing Client Trust Accounts
- 2018 American Arbitration Association Construction Conference
- New Tax Law Expands Use of 529 Plans for Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Choosing Between an S-Corp and LLC?
- New CA Law Imposes Direct Liability on Contractors For Wage Claims By Subcontractor's Employees
- Labor and Employment Bills AB 168, 450, and 1008: What Employers Need to Know