Partner Bill Hurley has more than 30 years of construction law experience. With a background in litigation, his practice has evolved to a transactional-oriented practice with an emphasis in representing real estate developers and general contractors in all facets of construction. Focusing on the preparation and negotiation of prime contracts, design-build contracts, design professional contracts, joint venture agreements, subcontracts, purchase orders and other agreements for commercial and residential construction projects, a significant component of Bill’s practice involves advising both real estate developers and general contractors with regard to the myriad of issues that arise on a daily basis on construction projects and offering practical, common sense solutions based on his decades of experience addressing complex construction issues.
In addition to practicing in state courts throughout California, Bill is versed in handling private mediations, as well as arbitrations before various ADR providers, including the American Arbitration Association and JAMS. View complete bio.
Bill and Corey contributed their insights on Assembly Bill 1336, which extends the period for enforcement of prevailing wage statutes in regard to public works. read more.
- Miller Morton Elects Rosanna Moreno and Jeffrey Lisenbee to Partnership
- Why California Teachers Will Celebrate Senate Bill 1413
- Update to California's Prevailing Wage Laws: AB219 Fixes the Loophole for Ready-Mixed Concrete Drivers
- Miller Morton Associate Rosanna Moreno Receives Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Services
- California Pay History Bill Would Hike Wage Discrimination Risk
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's David Kornbluh
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's Peter Dessau
- Miller Morton Selected for University of California’s Construction Law Panel; Joins Short List of Legal Providers for Statewide System
- Miller Morton Elects Stephanie Rocha to Partnership; Bolsters Litigation Team With Addition of Three Associates
- 2016 Brings New California Laws on Minimum Wages, Individual Liability and Paid Sick Leave